SENIOR SHOPIFY DEVELOPER
Nixon is California’s iconic watch and accessories brand, born from action sports culture and always pushing the never been done. As a company we are creative, we are ambitious, we take risks. Above all, we want to build great product with the world’s youth as our audience. We collaborate with the best in the business: brands, athletes, retailers, causes. People who share our mindset and our belief that we can make an impact, one detail at a time.
The Senior Shopify Developer is a member of the e-Commerce Development team that works on small and large ecommerce/digital projects and initiatives including global websites in the US, Europe, AsiaPac + Japan. In addition to being responsible for developing high performance solutions on Shopify platform, the Senior Shopiy Developer will work on in-house development initiatives and provide insight in business analysis, conducting needs assessments, performing root cause analysis, and assisting in key functions involving requirement gathering with internal stake holders. This is a full-time, hands-on role and requires strong web development skills. This position reports to the Director of Web Development & Architecture and works side by side with other Web Developers, Content Developers and QA Engineer; they will be part of a full development lifecycle. They will work at a global level including, but not limited to, the flagship sites Nixon.com (across all regions, globally) to develop and deploy fast and reliable solutions. As the primary, Senior-level development resource they will help drive best practices in general software development and specific to Shopify. They will be responsible for juggling a variety of deliverables in a timely manner to feed a growing and dynamic direct to consumer business.
The Senior Shopify Developer is responsible to implement (i.e. design, develop, unit test) technical solutions for web applications based on functional requirements and technical specifications. They should be capable to mentor software engineers and maintain high quality standards. They are responsible to collaborate with product owners and stakeholders, establish goals and set clear expectations, prioritize and bring a finished product across the finish line. They should have strong sense of ownership and accountability with a commitment to delivering high quality software that balances technical and business goals. The Senior Shopify
Developer needs to have excellent written and verbal communication skills with an ability to communicate with a variety of audiences at all levels.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Practice agile based design-thinking, empirical projects that accelerate results
- Drive Scrum practices within and outside Dev team
- Share passion and strong desire to deliver sound, scalable eCom solutions
- Ability to work as an individual contributor of a development team, the DTC team
- Communicate effectively with all team members, especially to resolve impediments
- Develop solutions using bootstrap, asynchronous request handling, partial page updates approach
- Develop cross-browser, cross-device compatible pages adhering to ADA compliance
- Leads research and integration of best in class third party add-ons and plugins
- Develop solutions for SEO and Page speed optimizations
- Write neat, semantic, concise, indented, and where necessary with inline documentation
- Write optimal code for globally shared codebase utilizing multi-currency and localization
- Practice and coach best git repository practices like gitflow
- Manage parallel small-to-large size projects ensuring they are tracked with a high level of attention to detail
- Provide estimates for new enhancements and write technical documentation
- Ensures website compliance with ADA, CCPA, HIPAA, GDPR guidelines
- Stays ahead of key industry trends, competitive insights and feature rollouts from Shopify Plus, focusing on how these insights can be leveraged to drive performance improvements for Nixon
This position interacts with many areas of Nixon and requires communication, collaboration and relationship-building skills with internal stake holders. This role interacts closely with the Site Operations, Creative Studio team, Digital Marketing Team and outside development agency as well as other internal members that contribute to ecommerce projects and deliverables.
Qualifications & Education:
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science degree or related field
- 5+ years practical experience in software engineering and application architecture.
- 3+ years of experience in eCommerce industry is must
- Knowledge of best practices in experience design and development of e-Commerce websites
- Ability to understand complex software problems and provide solutions
- A solid understanding of web architecture principles and design pattern
- Experience working with multi-site is preferred
- Creative problem solving, communication skills, and decision-making skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure
- A strong aesthetic sense and excellent attention to detail
- Ability to carry out a concept from start to completion and work independently
- Multi-tasking: execute more than one design brief at a time
- Global site experience in different countries, language, currency is preferred
- Working experience in integration tools like Boomi, Mulesoft, Informatica is a plus
Technical Knowledge and Skills:
- 3-6 years of relevant working in Shopify plus stores and hands-on experience in customizing Shopify themes
- Experience working with GraphQL, headless CMS (Contentful) and Shopify storefront API
- Understand architectural principles, coding patterns and limitations of Shopify
- Hands on experience with React, NodeJS and Bootstrap frameworks
- Good understanding of customers, order, discounts, pricing, shipping, inventory, metafields and Shopify Scripts
- Experience in handling checkout functionality customizations
- Experience in troubleshooting and doing toot cause analysis
- Good to have: Experience in integrating external APIs - Experience in 3rd party integrations like ERP- NetSuite, Microsoft Navision, Dynamics
- Experience in Implementing Shopify Ajax API, Admin APIs and configuring third party apps
- Knowledge of building custom, private and embedded apps
- Preferably have experience working with A/B testing tool like Dynamic Yield and Search engines like Algolia
- Used restful services and SOAP for integration
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience of using git/bitbucket and perform code merge
- Performed code merge and write unit-test cases
Nixon is in Carlsbad, CA, USA. The Company is on a hybrid work schedule. Candidates must be prepared to work on-site as often as needed per the Department’s business needs.
Are you ready to be a part of this? Come join the Nixon Team. Forward resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org Please include ‘Sr. Shopify Developer’ in the email subject line.
Due to the volume of resumes, we cannot respond to everyone personally, but we do thank you for your interest and for reaching out to Nixon.